Start at the SCC Library homepage
The homepage links you to:
- The Library Catalog where you will find books, ebooks, and videos
- Library Databases which contain articles, ebooks, images, & many more resources
- Research Guides on various subjects (which contain recommended websites)
Want research help? Get research help from a live librarian by visiting or phoning the library during open hours, or by using 24/7 online help any time of the day or night! From the SCC Library homepage, click, Ask a Librarian 24/7.
Linked here are videos which may help you understand the research process better.
They explain which resources to use for research, and the basics of searching.
What is research? Great tutorials from IRIS
Research is simply finding the information you need.
There are four steps in the research process:
- Deciding what information you need
- Finding the information
- Evaluating found information for credibility
- Using the information properly (including citing sources)
Use IRIS tutorials to learn about the entire research process from start to finish: