This is the "Transfer resources" page of the "Transferring Students" guide.
Alternate Page for Screenreader Users
Skip to Page Navigation
Skip to Page Content

Transferring Students   Tags: 4-year, colleges, transfer_center, transferring, university  

Use these resources to research 4-year colleges and universities to which you may want to transfer, and to learn about finding funding options. For in-person advising, contact the Transfer Center: (509) 533-8215 or 1 (800) 248-5644 x.8215.
Last Updated: Jun 23, 2014 URL: Print Guide RSS Updates

Transfer resources Print Page

Books in the SCC Library

College Blue Book is available in the SCC Library, Use it to look up schools which have your desired program.

College Blue Book

(Library 1st floor: R 378.73 COLLEGE) 

  v. 1. Narrative descriptions
  v. 2. Tabular data
  v. 3. Degrees offered by college and subject
  v. 4. Occupational education
  v. 5. Scholarships, fellowships, grants, loans
  v. 6. Distance learning programs


To find books about careers for various majors, search the Library Catalog, or ask a librarian for help.

 Psychology As a Major: Is It Right for Me and What Can I Do With My Degree?

  (Library 1st floor, Careers: 150.711 SCHULTH)


Want help selecting a 4-year college?

Use the resources on this guide to search for a college or university that suits your needs. Advisors in the Transfer Center and Librarians in the library are standing by to assist you in your research.

Suggestions for getting started:

Step 1

Use recommended websites, library books, and special databases to research possible 4-year institutions:

  •  Recommended websites (below)
  •  Books in the SCC Library (left) 
  •  College Source database (housed in the Transfer Center) 

Step 2 

    Make an appointment with a transfer counselor to discuss your choices. 

    Step 3

    Contact the 4-year colleges you are considering transferring to and learn about:

    •  Admission requirements
    •  Deadline dates for application
    •  Special admissions requirements
    •  Tuition and fees
    •  Available grants and financial aid

    Step 4

    Apply for scholarships on reputable websites (like

    Get good grades and join honor societies like Phi Theta Kappa to help pay for school. (SCC Chapter)


    Join PTK

    Phi Theta Kappa is an honors society for which recognizes scholarship among two-year college students. To learn more about PTK and the advantages of joining, contact Grace Leaf.

    Recommended websites

      Use these websites to search for colleges:  

    Transfer Center

    Contact the SCC Transfer Center to:

    • Schedule an appointment with a transfer counselor
    • Search College Source database to find a 4-year college or university
    • Learn about workshops and visits from college representatives
    • Learn about application deadlines, and more

    Stop by the Transfer Center in building 1, room 1220J

    or phone for more information:

    (509) 533-8215

    or toll free: 1-800-248-5644, extension 8215


    Loading  Loading...