Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
There are lots of professional associations in engineering, materials, and manufacturing. If you don't find one of interest here, contact a librarian to help find one on a specific topic of interest to you.
Periodicals Free Online
Search library databases to find articles on particular topics.
You may also want to keep up to date using free online information from free online periodicals like these:
Standards & Data Sheets
- The NIST Reference on Constants, Units, and Uncertainty This National Institute of Standards and Technology has a searchable and browsable list of the important physical constants with bibliography, as well as a thorough description of the SI system of units and a description of methods of expressing degree of uncertainty in measurements. An excellent reference site.
- MatWeb Materials properties searching
Products, Services, & Suppliers
US Government Websites
Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy From the US Dept. of Energy EERE: Access free online publications, databases, program highlights, webcasts, workshop results, and energy analysis.
- Manufacturing The Manufacturing.gov website is dedicated to providing the most comprehensive, and current information on issues surrounding the competitiveness of American manufacturers and service industries.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration - OSHA Under the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, OSHA's role is to assure safe and healthful working conditions for working men and women; by authorizing enforcement of the standards developed under the Act.
- i Crank.com Includes a data tab for data pages, design tools, and engineering links & blogs
- Engineering TV Online video center focused on engineering topics and issues. From Penton Media publishing, includes videos on: Electronic Design, Machine Design, Power Electronics Technology, Microwaves & RF, Mobile Dev & Design, Medical Design, Motion System Design, Source ESB and Electronic Design Europe.